This is our newly revamped design of our apertured garage doors using stick on glazing bars. These have a host of advantages to them, such as:
- No need to purchase any extra beading packs, all beading is included and is pre-cut to fit.
- Only 2 pieces of glass are required, saving you money in both glass and your joiners time in fitting it. Glass can be purchased separately.
- Smaller, more elegant glazing bar profile at 23mm wide as opposed to 45mm on the old style, letting way more light in and giving a more traditional appearance.
- Inner glazing bars are fixed in place as part of the door, so only the external side require sticking on to the glass.
- The external stick on bar is built into a grid, and is cut to fit, so is simply one piece to fit rather than lots of small beads.
- Made entirely in our own works, with our own joiners to ensure quality.
- These can be made with any number of panes. We have mocked up one with 4 panes per door in the additional photos. If no notes are left, they will be made as the normal 6 pane design.
This item is a pair of made to measure timber garage doors and frame. Please enter your size requirement above to generate a price. You are specifying the external frame size above. The doors will be sized accordingly. This has the following specification:
- Supplied unglazed. Suitable for single glazing only.
- Pre-cut beading supplied with all sets.
- Doors up to 2700mm will be done with 6 panes per door unless otherwise instructed and priced for. On wider sets, we will contact you before manufacture.
- Manufactured from joinery grade kiln dried Scandinavian redwood pine.
- The pictures above show garage doors with the horns still attached. The horns are the ends of the stiles that fly past the top of the doors. These horns are to be cut off during fitting.
- 44mm thick stiles up to 3352mm wide and 56mm thick stiles above 3352mm wide; frame, ledged and braced construction.
- 14mm thick matchboarding; 26mm thick backrails. Good solid construction.
- Rebated meeting stiles. You can choose which door opens outward first as you look at the boarded side. Please state this in the notes as you check out. If you do not state which, we will assume right hand first.
- To be side hung, usually with hooks and bands.
- Viewed from the outside the right hand door opens outwards first before the left hand door opens.
- Please see our range of standard off the shelf 'garage doors'. This item is unfinished and will need painting or staining. Correct and immediate treatment of this item is imperative.
- 94x65mm frame jambs and head.
- 44x20mm loose plant on stops, for you to form a rebate with.
- Frame will be mortice and tenon jointed to the correct width. See the additional photos.
- Frame supplied flat-packed for easy transport.