Timber Racker and Combilift Driver
We require an operative to assist in the day to day running of our timber merchant operations. The successful person will enjoy a very varied role within the company. We are a very stable company and have some very long serving employees. Pay rates will depend on experience.
The duties for this vacancy are as follows:
- Combilift forklift driving, both within the warehouse and off-loading lorries in the car park.
- Checking off deliveries and putting them into stock.
- Restocking the timber aisle by hand.
- Picking and preparing orders, for both collection and delivery.
- Packaging good for dispatch.
- Machining and cutting timber for both stock and to customers requirements.
- Keeping the workplace and customer areas tidy and safe.
- Ideally combilift experience would be good, but full training will be given.
- Must be able to use a tape measure in both metric and imperial.
- Must be conscientious, particularly with paperwork.
- Reasonable maths ability.
- Physically able as this is a physical job.
- 8am to 5pm Monday-Friday - 1hrs worth of unpaid breaks in the day.
- 8am to 5pm Saturday on a rota system (once trained).
- 28 days holiday. 10 days forced at Christmas. 18 days to choose throughout the rest of the year (subject to holiday rules).
Please send a current CV to email@example.com.