1 set of steps for Ruth Mcneill
Your specification is :-
Total height = 1040mm divided into 6 rises at 173.3mm (vertical step height).
option 'A', ie, no top step.
Total width(including strings) = 959mm
The tread depth will be 220mm.
The total going will be 5*220 + 50 = 1150mm
It will be from planed timber(different from the pictures), untreated.
You will need to mite and assemble the steps yourself.
Please seal all end grain with watered down PVA (2 or 3 coats) to extend the life of the steps.
- Wooden decking steps.
- Staircase supplied in kit form.
- The stair strings are left as a longer length, you will need to cut the mitres/ends yourself.
- Only the timber is supplied, you will need to get your own glue and fixings.
- See the diagram in the pictures. There are two example options to choose from. Option 'A' gives an overall height of 875mm or option 'B' gives an overall height of 700mm. Option 'A' takes up less room for a given height.
- For the timbers to last longer it is recommend that you seal all ends and cut outs with an appropriate end sealer. PVA glue is a good sealer.
- We bespoke make this item to any size, with any number of treads and height, please email for a cost.
- Please note these decking steps don't comply to building regulations as an internal staircase.