Mileage Based Delivery
This service is recommended for glazed items.
For this service we use a mileage based direct courier service and is charged per mile. This service is direct from our premises to your door. For this service, we book a van at a specified time on a day of your choosing, the van comes to us to be loaded at that time, and then goes direct to you. This means that it should be just the travelling time from us to you.
When checking out, you are given the option to tell us what day and time you would like us to book the courier to come to us here. If no day or time is specified we normally contact you prior to delivery.
Considerations and Limitations
- This service can only be used to transport items less than 4.3m in length.
- The service is a one man delivery service, so for large and heavy items, you will be required to assist in unloading.
- The service is for kerbside drops only. The courier will not carry out any excessive movement of the goods and is not insured to enter your property.
- Occasionally, depending on the couriers workload, it is not possible to book the courier for your specified day and time. We apologise in advance if this is the case. In this instance, we would inform you as soon as possible and allow you to choose an alternate day and time.
- Traffic will affect delivery time. It is always prudent to allow at least an hour extra on any calculated travelling time.
- Due to the nature of this service the chance of damage is vastly reduced, but should anything be damaged on arrival, please make sure that you document this on the delivery note. Failure to do this, will mean that you have signed for the goods in good condition and that delivery of any replacement is chargeable.
The procedure on receiving your delivery is the same as shown on our instructions upon delivery page. The only difference with this service, is that because the goods are coming directly, they will not be postcoded for identification.
In extreme circumstances, such as breakdowns or accidents, your goods may not arrive. If this is the case we would contact you as soon as we are aware. We apologise in advance if you are one of the unfortunate people this affects. It is very rare, but as with any road transportation, these things can happen. We cannot be held liable for any costs incurred by the delivery being late or not arriving due to these issues.